Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Injury to which the Insult has been Added

Well it's just non-stop Woe this week.

Just been to see the physio - apparently the reason I've got a Sudden Knee Problem (and only for some things, like going down stairs - going up is fine!) is because my kneecap is not "tracking" when I use the knee a certain way.

So the physio has taped it (I feel like a footballer) and given me three separate exercises to do that strengthen it without making me howl in pain.

I also have to use an ice pack at the end of the day, use Voltaren for a week and tape it using - and I love this - "Fixomull" tape. (it sounds exactly like "Fix 'em all" - must be the medical equivalent of gaffer tape).

And I am off to see Katie the Chiro tonight as well, so if there's any alignment weirdness she can help with that. Incidentally, I can walk with no pain whatsoever. It just gets a bit achy at the end of the day and I have to remind myself I can't just squat down and grab things off the lower shelves in the compactus.

I know far more about kneecaps now than I ever wanted to. I actually have to MOVE THE KNEECAP OVER to tape it in place.

Ick ick and double ick.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?